PSG chief says no Barca deal yet for Neymar - MEDIA NEWS: ankobenmedia

Saturday, 31 August 2019

PSG chief says no Barca deal yet for Neymar

The ESPN FC panel break down Group F and talk whether Inter or Borussia Dortmund would be able to knock Barcelona out of the group stage.

Shaka Hislop's famous power rankings are back, and of course the FC crew are baffled by some of his rankings, including Real Madrid at No. 6.
Barcelona coach Ernesto Valverde said on Friday he has grown tired of the ongoing negotiations between his club and Paris Saint-Germain over Neymar as PSG sporting director Leonardo added that no deal is in sight. 
Barca's pursuit to bring Neymar back to Barcelona two years after he joined PSG for a record €222 million ($247.40 million) has dominated the sports headlines in Spain for months, but the clubs have until Sept. 2 to strike a deal.
- Champions League group stage: All you need to know
- ESPN La Liga fantasy: Sign up now!
- All major completed transfer deals
Club director Javier Bordas declared earlier this week that Barca were "getting closer" to sealing the transfer, but Leonardo said on Friday that "there is no agreement because our demands haven't been accepted."
"PSG's position on Neymar has always been clear: if a satisfactory offer arrives then he could leave but that is not the case," Leonardo said after PSG's 2-0 win over Metz. "The negotiations have not broken down but there's no agreement for now because our demands have not been met."
- Toe Poke Daily: Ronaldo asks Messi out to dinner!
- Van Dijk tops Messi, Ronaldo for UEFA award
Valverde for his part was asked to rate out of 10 how bored he was of the transfer speculation surrounding Neymar and responded: "Around nine and a half." 
"I am really looking forward to [the transfer window closing] so that we can all get some rest at last and know what we have for the season as it has gone on too long," Valverde told a news conference ahead of Saturday's La Liga game away to Osasuna.
"Neymar is a PSG player and as always we respect all our rivals, but I reiterate that I'm looking forward to this ending once and for all."
Barca are still missing captain Lionel Messi due to a calf injury and Valverde said he hoped his side's all-time top scorer would be back in time for their game against Valencia on Sept. 14.
Fellow forwards Luis Suarez and Ousmane Dembele are also unavailable with muscle problems, while new signing Junior Firpo has been ruled out with a knee injury.
Barca earned a confidence-boosting 5-2 win at home to Real Betis last week after falling to a 1-0 defeat at Athletic Bilbao in their opening game of the season and they face another testing trip to the north of Spain this weekend.
Osasuna, who are back in La Liga after a two-year absence, have not lost a league game at their small yet intimidating El Sadar stadium since April 2018 and are known for their physical, combative style of play.
"Even discounting their incredible home form in the last few months, they have always been a formidable team to play away against," Valverde said.
"They push you all over the field and you cannot afford to switch off for a moment. They have just got back to La Liga and there will be a great atmosphere there, but the three points are very important to us too."
Source: espn.co.uk

No comments:

Post Top Ad